-
August 19th, 2003, 10:44 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Looking for some help to tune (operation) correctly this cross-over in a bi-amp configuration, anyone! General tips would be appreciated. Also, ever hear of putting bi-polar caps across speakers to create a passive filter, just curious.
Thanks
-
August 20th, 2003, 10:53 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hi, I'm not sure just what you want to do with the crossovers so I can't help much there. I can tell you that it is possible to put a bipolar capacitor across a woofer to block the high frequencies. If you do, then you should put an inductor to match it across the tweeter and wire the woofer/capacitor in series with the tweeter/inductor.
Regards,
-
August 24th, 2003, 07:36 PM
#3
Inactive Member
might want to check into the cap/inductor stuff here. I am fairly sure that the capacitor goes in series with the tweeter to block out the bass frequencies, and the inductor goes in series with the woofer, to block out the high frequencies.
There are many charts and programs available on the net that will tell you what capacitance to use for the desired crossover, as well as what inductance to use on the woofer for the desired crossover.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks